WE’RE READY WHEN YOU ARE!
Hours + Policies • Our Commitment to the Community • Expectations of Members • Member FAQ
We are certified by the State of Connecticut to begin operations in Phase II of the Governor’s Reopen CT Plan.
Read more HERE about how we will help protect you & how you can help protect us.
Not all areas of our facility require reservations: Walk-Ins are Welcome! (Fist come, first serve)
Check-in and Reservations can also be completed through the Y App on your smartphone!
Don’t have the app yet?
Download it now!
West Side Branch
Monday – Friday: 7 am-7 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8 am – 12 pm
- We are open for Wallingford Family YMCA members ONLY.
- We are accepting new memberships. The easiest way to join is to sign up online. We can also process new memberships at our West Side Branch.
- Group Fitness classes are available by reservation only.
- Cardio equipment is available by reservation. We will have some cardio equipment available for walk-ins.
- We have created individual workout spaces. These are available by reservation, with some available for walk-ins.
- We have created two private workout rooms. Personal training clients have first priority during training sessions. These are also available by reservation.
East Side Branch
Monday – Friday: Camp Ulbrich and Dolphins Swim Team ONLY
Saturday & Sunday: Lap Swim Available 8am – 1pm
- Our East Side Branch will be open only for our YMCA Camp Ulbrich and Dolphins Swim Team Monday – Friday. Both programs begin on Monday, June 22nd. We have limited space available, so register your child today!
- Adult lap swim by reservation, 1 person per lane.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY
We are committed to your health and safety. As part of this, we are putting procedures and protocols in place to open as safely as possible.
We will be mindful of the recommended directions of the state, county, and city government, and
we will adjust our practices as needed.
Each week, all staff will receive a procedural refresher.
We will commit to implementing contact tracing measures and to reporting incidents to the
Wallingford Health Department.
We will communicate to staff and members in a timely fashion of any exposures that have been confirmed.
We will follow all recommended CDC, State of Connecticut, and recognized practices.
We will continuously implement administrative controls to reduce and minimize exposure to all.
We will be united in our language and communication with our staff and our members.
EXPECTATIONS OF OUR MEMBERS
We need your help to Stay Healthy Together. If we all do our part, we can maintain an environment that is as safe as possible for all.
As part of this, we expect the following from our members:
We ask that you wear a mask while in common areas.
We ask that you use sanitizer when you enter the facility.
You will be provided with a spray bottle and towel. We ask that you clean all equipment thoroughly before and after use.
We ask that you maintain social distancing of 6 ft., or 12 ft. when exercising without a mask.
We ask that you wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
We ask that you follow our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
We will take your temperature at the door. If you have a temp of 100F or higher, we will not allow you to enter the site.
WE WILL ASK THAT YOU COMPLETE A QUICK HEALTH SURVEY UPON ARRIVAL:
- In the past 14 days, have you had any of the following symptoms?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- In the past 14 days, have you potentially been exposed to COVID-19?
- Potential exposure includes:
- Household COVID-19 cases
- International or domestic travel
- Health issues
- Household quarantines
- Known direct contact with COVID-infected individuals
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I VISIT THE Y?
- It is recommended that you reserve a time to visit the Y wellness center.
- Members will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You can reserve the Functional Fitness Room and Cardio Equipment.
- Group exercise classes and pool use require reservations in advance.
- Come to the Y dressed for your workout. Limited locker room space will be available. There will be no sauna or steam room use.
- Showers are available for pool use. There will be no showers available at our West Side Branch at this time.
- Gym bags/Pool bags may be brought into the Y, with guidelines based on the area of the facility you plan to visit.
- Because the capacity of each Y facility has been reduced to adhere to safety guidelines, you may have to wait to enter the Y if we are at capacity when you arrive.
- Please be patient and know that these protocols have been put in place for your safety and to accommodate as many members as possible each day.
- Right now, only members age 14 and up are allowed into the Y. Members age 11-13 may use the West Side Branch with a parent or guardian.
- You will need to complete a Pre-Check-In screening and Temp Check upon entering the our buildings. If you have a temperature, if you have symptoms, or if you have potentially been exposed, you will not be allowed to use the facility.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Please bring a mask, workout towel and water bottle.
- Members will be required to wear a mask in all common areas where other members are present and when walking to and from workout areas. Masks do not have to be worn during your workout, but a social distance of 12 feet is required when working out without masks. Our facility reflects this guidance.
- Water fountains are bottle fill only.
WHICH AREAS ARE CLOSED?
- Childcare is not available.
- Steam rooms and saunas are not available.
- Gymnasiums and sports fields are not open for group sports.
- Youth programs and other paid programs (group swim lessons, sports, parents night out, etc.) are not available at this time.
- Other areas of the Y may be closed to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
WHAT AMENITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Wellness Equipment (Spaced Apart for Social Distancing)
- Group Exercise
- The schedule is very limited at this time. We will assess our members needs and will add classes where possible as we move forward.
- Capacity will be limited for social distancing.
- Advance reservations are required for group ex classes.
- More information soon.
- Indoor Pools
- Reserved lane use only on Saturday and Sunday, 8am – 1pm. Two adults per lane.
- Lane reservations must be made in advance.
- More information soon.
- Private swim lessons for independent swimmers only on Saturday and Sunday.
- YMCA Camp Ulbrich will be in session at East Side Branch. East Side will not be used for Health and Wellness or other programming.
- Additional amenities and areas of the Y may be available in addition to the list above.