TAKING YOUR HEALTH TO HEART
The Wallingford Family YMCA is proud to introduce our brand new 12-Week Phase IV Cardiac Rehab program. During Phase IV Cardiac Rehabilitation, our team of professionals will guide participants through the following:
- Initial assessment: A customized program developed to meet your needs and goals.
- Monitored exercise: Response to progressive exercise is closely monitored during supervised classes.
- Risk factor modification: The staff will assist you in adopting healthy lifestyle changes through regular cardiovascular exercise, strength endurance, flexibility and balance training
- Emotional support: Receive guidance for lifestyle changes, social support and staff encouragement.
WHAT IS PHASE IV CARDIAC REHAB?
- Program is led by a certified Exercise Physiologist or Personal Trainer
- 12-week period, with 24 weekly one-hour sessions
- Designed to reduce the risk of another cardiac event/help prevent an existing heart condition from getting worse
- For individuals who completed Phase II cardiac rehabilitation program, have experienced a cardiac event or are at risk for heart disease