We have updated our mask wearing policies in accordance with the State of Connecticut and the Centers for Disease Control’s guidance as follows:
- To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you wear a mask indoors at the YMCA, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- Individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated must adhere to the State of Connecticut and the CDC guidance and continue to wear a mask while they are indoors at the YMCA. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, find a local vaccine clinic.
- Masks are still required for ALL individuals in child care & school settings in accordance with the Office of Early Childhood. All staff & participants will be required to wear masks at all times in the following locations & programs:
- YMCA Learning Communities at Choate & Masonicare
- Rotary/YMCA Teen Center & ELMS
- Upward Bound
- Child Watch
- SAGE at the Wallingford Public Schools
- As the East Side Branch of the YMCA is an integral part of our Camp Ulbrich program, masks are required to be worn by everyone, regardless of vaccination status, in the following areas:
- Entrance & Welcome Center
- Hallways & Stairwells
- Boys, Girls & Family Locker Rooms Downstairs
Wearing a mask is most important if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated. If this applies to you or your household, you might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission in your area.
Do I Need To Wear A Mask?
|Branch||Program/Area||Fully Vaccinated||Not Vaccinated|
|East Side||Entrance & Welcome Center||MASK||MASK|
|Hallways & Stairwells||MASK
|Boys, Girls & Family Locker Rooms (First Floor)||MASK||MASK|
|Men’s & Women’s Locker Rooms (Second Floor)||Recommended||MASK|
|Lap & Teaching Pools||No Mask||MASK|
|ELMS & Teen Center||MASK||MASK|
|Upward Bound & KinderHouse||MASK||MASK|
|West Side||Entrance & Welcome Center||Recommended||MASK|
|Group Exercise Room||Recommended||MASK|
|Personal Training Rooms||Recommended||MASK|
FOR A BETTER US
Our commitment to serve the community and keep us all strong and healthy is unwavering. From fitness to education to summer employment, camps and childcare programs, many of the services you’ve come to rely on by the Wallingford Family YMCA are open for you.